There are no boundaries to the demographics. The disease of sin and sexual temptation (heterosexual and homosexual) is far reaching to every country, age group, and walks of life.
-42.7% Of internet users view pornography
-28,258 Internet users are viewing pornography every second
-53% of Promise Keeper men viewed pornography in the last week
-47% of Christians said pornography is a major problem in the home
This is not just a problem for men..
-20% of men admit to accessing pornography at work
-13% of women admit to accessing pornography at work
-72% male – 28% female — breakdown of male/female visitors to pornography sites
We need help! Internet filters are an easy way to help take the temptation away from our spouses, children and ourselves. The good news is, if you are not looking for this garbage then you might not even notice that the filters are on your PC. It is always better to be safe, than to be sorry when your child accidentally sees something they ought not to.
Parents, read the statistics..
– In a 2010 national survey, over a quarter of 16 to 17 year-olds said they were exposed to nudity online when they were not seeking it (unintentionally).
– More than half of boys and nearly a third of girls see their first pornographic images before they turn 13.
– Average age of first internet porn exposure: 11
– In a survey of hundreds of college students, 93% of boys and 62% of girls said they were exposed to pornography before they turned 18.
– In addition 20% of 16-year-olds and 30% of 17-year-olds have received a “sext” (a sexually explicit text message).
– More than 7 out of 10 teens hide their online behavior from their parents in some way.
Our kids also need help! We cannot be there to watch our kids on the internet every second, but programs like netnanny and k-9* web protection (*Free) can be there to direct your children away from accidentally (or purposefully) seeing inappropriate content.
*I promise, I am not getting paid to endorse any of these products. I just have a passion to serve Christ by pointing out awesome resources which are already available on the internet.
Helpful Resources (For those with sexual temptation and parents of all ages):
www1.k9webprotection.com -FREE* Web filter for PC/Android/Apple (*Recommended for PCs)
www.netnanny.com/products/netnanny/ – Laptop/PC/Android/IOS Web Filter (*Recommended for Android Devices)
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/ – FREE* Pre-Screen Movies, Games, Books, and Apps. (*Recommended for Parents!!)
http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/ – FREE* Online Addiction 60 day Course /Accountability Partner (*Recommended)