I am just an average guy who has struggled with this “not so obvious addiction” for almost 15 years. I am a follower of Christ and believe that there is absolute truth.
Sexual addiction is a disease which has run rampant in our culture and is growing in exponential proportions. God has set me free from the spiritual bondage of sexual sin, but my flesh always has a yearning to return to its former love of wallowing in self pity and engaging in pornography and other sexual addictions. This is why we need to protect ourselves with resources, blocks/filters, accountability, and most of all the full armor of God.
Your flesh does not want to be set free from the comfort of sexual addiction. In my experience it takes sacrifice and long hard work to fight the flesh and get to a point where you can truly ask God with a pure heart to protect you from your own thought life.
– The Not So Obvious Addict
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another” – Proverbs 27:17
1. Resources = Encouraging blog posts, pod casts, and media rating sites that help you make smart media choices.
2. Block/filters = Web filters help put up a first defense to temptation.
3. Accountability = Brothers and sisters in arms come along side you and help you run the race which is laid before you.
4. Full Armor of God = Ephesians 6:10-18